You might have a lot of questions about automotive windshield glass repair that we can help you with.
- Does it matter if I have broken glass or a chipped windshield? Yes, absolutely it does. Damaged or chipped glass can break when you hit a bump in the road, but more importantly your glass serves as an important structural purpose during an auto accident.
- Do I have to replace my windshield? Many small rock chips and cracks can be repaired without needing to replace your windshield, saving you time and money. If your rock chip is smaller than a quarter in diameter, it may be repairable. If your windshield crack is less than 6” long (the size of a dollar bill), it may be repairable.
- Is there a difference between my windshield and the other glass in the car? Yes there is. Windshield glass is laminated safety glass, designed to react differently in an auto accident, where the sides and rear are often tempered glass.
- Do I have to take my car somewhere for the repair? Gerber Collision and Glass glass has locations throughout the United States or our mobile service can come to you at your home or office at no additional charge.
- How long will the repair take?Most repairs at Gerber can be completed in 30 minutes or less. Actual time may vary depending upon climate conditions and the extent of the damag
- How long before I can drive my car again after the repair? Generally our OEM adhesives cure within an hour. However, safe drive away times do vary depending upon climate conditions. Your Gerber technician will be able to provide you with the safe drive away time for your windshield replacement.
- How soon can I wash my car? You want to wait at least 24 hours prior to washing your car after a windshield repair.
View more FAQ’s for Windshield Glass Auto Repair >